Our Very Own Safe House!
We have the opportunity of a lifetime that has just landed in our laps after one of our rescue partners came across an old boarding facility available for lease! It was not going to be easy, but if we could raise about $10,000 to secure the lease, the owner said it could be ours. So, we set out with a BIG ask of you all and like always, you all made it happen, the dog shelter has officially become ours which means SO much for so many dogs! This will be joint ownership between Bunny’s Buddies and Karuna Rescue, an amazing group that is currently on the ground living in China. While this is so life changing for so many dogs, it’s a huge and scary commitment for us to take on. Both Bunny’s Buddies and Karuna is run by couples alone which means we very much rely on community support. The costs of keeping this shelter operating each month will be well over $10,000 a month. If you can find it in your heart and wallet to spare whatever you have each month, or even just once, we would be forever grateful.
What The New Shelter Means for Bunny’s Buddies-
- Constant updates on dogs. Right now, dogs are all over Asia and communication can be very trying.
- Complete control over medical treatment with our very own vet teams.
- Complete control over where the dogs are and their care.
- Space for more dogs to recover and rest before their long flights to USA.
- A swimming pool for lots of doggy rehab and fun!
- Lots of space for dogs to run, integrate with others and play!
- A facility volunteers can travel to and enjoy. It is also very close to Hong Kong making it a great vacation and volunteer mission all in one.
Items We Still Need Ongoing Funds For-
- 50 water bowls
- 30 dog beds
- Medical supplies
- Funds for monthly labor
- Leashes, collars, toys
- Washing machines
- Renovations to improve heaters/kennels
Overall, we could not be more excited and grateful for everyone’s love and support for these dogs. Thank you for helping us make their dreams come true 🐶